Um…how is January already over??? I feel like this year is already going by too fast. This month has been interesting.
– School started. I’m enjoying my classes, but I’m also already dying from midterms.
– I’ve been working a lot, and as a result I lowered by Goodreads goal to 20 books for this year instead of keeping it at 50. I was kind of upset about it, but I’m okay with it now. I don’t feel as pressured to read so much, and I actually find time to review the books that I read!
– Trump became president, and then decided to screw up the world, so that’s been great (I’m most definitely being sarcastic) 😔😑 I’ve been kind of out of it the past few days. Usually I turn to social media to relax from school and work, but now it’s just depressing. But at the same time I hate not knowing what is going on, and I know it’s a duty for me to know what is happening in our world. It’s a tough balance.
– I’ve decided that I’m going to tell my one friend about all of this – my blog, twitter, instagram. We literally met this year and became friends at work, but she’s the nicest person I’ve met in my four years at university! Plus she loves to read and is a total nerd and I know she won’t think I’m weird haha
– I reached 800 followers on Instagram this month! I’m so close to 1000 🙈 (Here’s my link if you want to follow me! ☺️)
WHAT I READ IN JANUARY:
✽ TRUTHWITCH by Susan Dennard ~ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️.5
✽ WINDWITCH by Susan Dennard ~ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
I actually managed to review both books this month! I read Truthwitch last year and loved it, but I couldn’t put my thoughts into words. For some reason, I find it easier to review on Goodreads, which makes no sense cause I’m just writing words and I could totally do that here, but it doesn’t work for some reason. I’ve linked my Truthwitch review above! I copied and pasted by Windwitch review from Goodreads to my blog lol, so I’ll link that too if you want to read them. They are spoilery cause I can’t write non-spoiler reviews 🙈
WHAT I’M HOPING TO READ:
Hopefully I can get to them all! I have one week off in February, aka Reading Week – which is kind of a funny name when you think about it! I’ll definitely be catching up on school readings, but I’m hoping to read one more book this month and review all 3!
What are you planning to read this month?! I’m assuming quite a few of you have Caraval on your tbr! I’m so excited to finally read it!