Fun Fact: My very first blogpost was my 2015 End Of The Year Survey. And now it’s come full circle. I’ve been blogging for a whole year now and it has changed my life in so many good ways!
This survey was created by Jamie or The Perpetual Page-Turner. It’s a great way to recap what you’ve read and blogged about the previous year!
I’m going to get right into it, cause it’s a little long!
Number Of Books You Read: 60
Number Of Re-Reads: 18 – it was the Year of Tamora Pierce 😂
Genre You Read The Most From: Fantasy 🙂
1. Best Book You Read In 2016?
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
I wouldn’t say I was excited about this book, but I had high hopes for it and unfortunately it didn’t deliver.
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?
If you ignore the cover (it’s awful), I’d definitely give this book a try. The concept it unique and the main character grows on you. Also the side characters are just amazing!
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?
Pretty much EVERY Tamora Pierce book 😂😂😂 And I did manage to convince people to give her books a go!
5. Best series you started in 2016? Best Sequel of 2016? Best Series Ender of 2016?
Best series I started in 2016:
Best Sequel of 2016 – I don’t know if this means sequel released in 2016, cause I don’t have one that I liked. So I’m going with:
Best Series Ender of 2016:
6. Favourite new author you discovered in 2016?
Susan Dennard and Rick Riordan 🙂
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
I like never read contemporary, but I LOVED Me Before You!
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
I don’t think I could pick just one! Literally all of Protector of the Small – I finished each book in 2 days and it was the best week in my life!
9. Book You Read In 2016 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
Truthwitch, to prepare myself for Windwitch and MERIK 😍
10. Favourite cover of a book you read in 2016?
All the Percy Jackson covers!
11. Most memorable character of 2016?
KEL KEL KEL and NEAL
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2016?
I really liked Sarah J. Maas’s writing in ACOTAR. For some reason, her writing bothered me in ACOMAF though. But it’s beautiful and descriptive – I honestly feel like I’m in Prythian when I’m reading her words.
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2016?
This was a very thought-provoking read – it especially made me think about God a lot more than I usually do when reading.
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2016 to finally read?
PERCY JACKSON??!! Like why didn’t I read it sooner?? Also, the Beka Cooper books!
15. Favourite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2016?
I suck at remembering quotes, but this one stands out the most for me.
“Threats are the last resort of a man with no vocabulary.” – Tamora Pierce
And this one:
My heart just broke again 😭😭😭
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2016?
Shortest – Medea by Euripides (47 pages)
Longest – A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas (626 pages)
17. Book That Shocked You The Most
I’m still trying to forget that this book exists 😭
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
SAFI and MERIK 😍😍😍
Also, all of Tamora Pierce’s OTPs
19. Favourite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
Sandry, Briar, Tris and Daja from the Circle Universe. Oh and Kel and Neal!
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2016 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
I picked a Tamora Pierce book I read for the first time this year and I absolutely loved!
21. Best Book You Read In 2016 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
That’s a hard one. No one really peer pressured me into reading anything, except for ACOTAR, which I liked, but didn’t love, and then ended up hating ACOMAF when I finally read it.
I guess Percy Jackson or Me Before You!
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2016?
Um…NEALAN OF QUEENSCOVE
23. Best 2016 debut you read?
I didn’t read any 😦
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
ALL the Percy Jackson books cause they’re hilarious. I also loved all the mythology, especially since I’m a classics major.
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2016?
Squire by Tamora Pierce
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
I don’t read a lot of graphic novels, but this one was really good!
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
Yup, this one again…
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2016?
I’m not going to pick Tamora Pierce for this one, I’m not going to pick Tamora Pierce for this one, I’m not going to p–
Honestly, all of Tamora Pierce’s books are unique compared to any other books I’ve read, but this one was just so good! It’s diverse, deals with mental health (particularly PTSD), plus really cool battle scenes!
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
I definitely got mad, and I definitely didn’t like what happened.
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2016?
Cait or PaperFury 🙂
2. Favourite review that you wrote in 2016?
3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
I didn’t get a chance to go to any 😦
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2016?
Honestly, making so many new friends on here and on Twitter and Instagram!
6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?
Lack of motivation to blog. It does take me some time to write out a post, especially reviews. THOSE were especially difficult for me to write cause I never know how to describe what I’m feeling in words lol
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
Book Depository, Book Outlet, and Society6!
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
Tamora Pierce Reading Challenge (hosted by Nori!) ✓
Goodreads Reading Challenge ✓
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2015 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2017?
I looked back at my response to this question from last year and guess what? I didn’t read the book in 2016 either 🙈🙈🙈
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2017 (non-debut)?
A SPY’S GUIDE TO TORTALL – this isn’t even a book, BUT I DON’T CARE
3. 2017 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2017?
Only because I care about Mor, Cassian, Azriel and Amren. Also Elaine and Lucien and Nesta.
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2017?
Have 0 unread books on my bookshelf. Since I currently have less than 20, I think that’s doable.
6. A 2017 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:
I haven’t read any 2017 releases.
How was your reading and blogging year? Did you accomplish all the goals you set in 2016? I surprisingly wrote quite a few reviews – though most of them were on Goodreads. I didn’t blog once a week as I wanted, but I still managed to write over 70 blog posts, which technically means I did, but it was just during those spontaneous blogging moments. I didn’t read many classics, except for 1984. I didn’t read LOTR or finish any of my unfinished series, but overall I’m really happy with my reading year!