Thank you to both Fatima (Noteable Pad) and Leslie (Leslie’s Library) for nominating me! They both gave me a set of questions to answer, so this is what I’m going to do. I’m going to answer 6 of Fatima’s questions and 6 of Leslie’s questions. The rest of their questions, I’ll give to the bloggers I nominate, along with a couple of mine.
- Thank the person(s) for nominating you
- Answer 11 questions set by the person who nominated you
- Nominate 11 bloggers to receive the award and write them 11 new questions to answer
1. Would you choose to live forever even if that meant losing your loved ones?
This is a tricky one, but I think my answer would be no. Even though a part of me would want to live and see what happens to the world, another part of me would want to move on. Also, if everyone I love dies and no one gets to live as long as me, I’ll be all alone, which is kind of sad.
2. Do you have any famous relatives?
Not exactly. My grandfather on my mom’s side was really well known in Karachi, Pakistan. But I wouldn’t say he was famous. He just had a lot of connections and was really involved in his community.
3. What book have you reread the most?
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. I sometimes go back and read my favourite scenes too 🙂
4. What is the strangest thing you have eaten?
Kidneys. My mom tricked me into eating them and it was terrible. I don’t think it tasted bad, but just the thought of eating kidneys disgusted me.
5. Do you have a favourite word?
Well, there is this one word from a middle-grade series that I read a while ago that I can’t get out of my head: FABULONGOSHOOMARVELISHLYWONDERPIPICAL
It’s not a real word though. If any of you know what series this is from, you get a cookie 🍪
6. What was the last thing you laughed at?
Oh, I don’t know! I feel like I’m always laughing at one thing or another! I did laugh at this tweet:
But you’ll only get it if you’ve read Libba Bray’s Gemma Doyle trilogy.
7. Do you like going into books completely blind or do you prefer having an idea or a sense of understanding of what you’re about to read?
I love going into books completely blind, especially because that way I don’t have any high or low expectations. Usually what ends up happening is that I go into the book vaguely knowing what it’s about. Like for example, Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children – all I know is that it’s weird, kind of creepy, there are some kids who go to a school and they have powers. That’s usually all I like to know.
8. Are you more of a morning reader or night reader?
I come from a loud family, so it’s hard to find some quiet time to read during the day. But it really depends. If everyone in my family is kind of chilling, I’ll get a lot of reading done. But most of the time, I end up staying up really late at night reading, which means I don’t get a lot of sleep or I end up sleeping in most days and get nothing done.
9. Do you like to listen to music when you read or do you prefer complete silence?
Definitely silence. I don’t mind mild chatter in the background (I do read on the bus and at school sometimes), but if it’s too loud, I can’t concentrate.
10. What is your favourite genre to read?
11. Approximately how many books are on your TBR list?
Wow! I don’t even have all the books I want to read on my Goodreads TBR. At the moment, I have 276.
12. Are you more of a coffee or tea drinker?
Tea all the way! Especially Persian black tea or chai (traditional Pakistani chai, not the stuff you can get from Starbucks or Tim Hortons).
- If you could swap bodies with anyone in the world, who would that be?
- Are you an only child, or do you have siblings? And how has this affected your life?
- What is a personality trait you wish you had?
- Where do you see yourself in a year from now?
- If you could freeze time so you could live in a moment forever, would you do it?
- When you want to go back to your childhood days, which book(s) do you usually read (re-read)?
- What is the one thing you do to destress?
- Is there a book/series that everyone loved but you didn’t? If so, which one and why
- What is your favorite season?
- If you knew you couldn’t fail, what would you do?
- If you ever wrote your own book, what genre would it be?