Hey everyone! Sorry for being away for so long! I thought I could be more consistent with blogging now that I don’t have school, but sometimes I feel like it becomes a chore. And I don’t want to feel like that. I’ve been tagged by a lot of people the past week and it has kind of been overwhelming (in a good way!), so hopefully I’ll be able to get back to you all soon.
Leslie, over at Leslie’s Library tagged me to do The Book Blogger Test book tag! THANK YOU FOR TAGGING ME! ❤️ Here are the questions and my answers 🙂
What are your top 3 book pet hates?
- Insta-love. And like Leslie said in her answer, I also stay away from contemporary books because of this.
- Unrealistic Conversations. If you read my April Wrap-Up post, you’ll know that I didn’t enjoy Eleanor and Park because I felt as if the conversations between the two characters were just not realistic of normal 16 year-olds.
- Love Triangles. I don’t mind reading a book with a love triangle that was written well, but I hate it when the book turns from focusing on the plot, to focusing on who the character will end up with.
Describe your perfect reading spot.
Okay, so I’m weird. I don’t usually read in my bed. I mean, sometimes I do, but usually I end up sitting on the ground by my bed reading. Sometimes, like if I’m trying to convince myself to go to bed, I’ll bring the book into the bathroom with me and stand by the sink reading instead of brushing my teeth. LOL I know I’m pathetic. But that’s how I finished reading Street Magic yesterday at 2am.
Tell us three book confessions.
- I barely read contemporary. For example, I have never read a Colleen Hoover or Morgan Matson book, which people find really shocking.
- Name a popular book published in the last 5 years, and I promise 90% of the time I haven’t read it.
- I haven’t reread Harry Potter since the last book came out (I think). I’m not sure if I even reread the books in preparation for HP7, because I don’t remember doing it, but I probably did. I also don’t own all the books 🙈
When was the last time you cried during a book?
I don’t actually cry when I read. My answer always is Entwined by Heather Dixon, which I read last year. It brought tears to my eyes, but they never fell down my face, so I don’t count that as crying.
How many books are on your bedside table?
I used to have a bedside table, before we reorganized my room. Now, I keep my books under my bed, or on the ground by my bed. In neat piles though. 😳
What’s your favourite snack to eat while you’re reading?
Nothing. I don’t eat or drink when I read. I find it kind of distracting and I’m always worried that I’ll spill something or drop crumbs on my book.
Name 3 books you would recommend to everyone!
- Harry Potter of course! Especially if you like fantasy.
- If you love classics, but not so much contemporary and you’re trying to get into the genre, I would recommend Austenland and Midnight in Austenland by Shannon Hale.
- My science fiction recommendation would be the Gone series by Michael Grant. It has THE BEST, NO-DRAMA, ROMANCE EVER WRITTEN! (I’ve only read the first two books though, so I have no idea if that changes lol.) Also, the book is kind of terrifying at times and has really amazing fight/battle scenes!
Show us a picture of your favourite bookshelf on your bookcase!
I just got a new bookshelf, so you guys are very lucky to get a sneak peak! I’m not a 100% happy with how everything is organized though. (Also I need more books.) Oh, and while I’m doing this, here’s an impromptu April Book Haul, because why not?
I bought the Percy Jackson and the Olympians boxset, along with the Miss. Peregrine’s boxset and The Queen of the Tearling. (Sorry for the blurry picture) 🙂
Write how much books mean to you in three words.
I breathe books (like air).
What is your biggest reading secret?
I have used my foot as a bookmark for multiple occasions. And yes, my foot was clean. 😂
I tag all of you to do this book tag! If you do this, link it in the comments below so I can read it!