Hey Everyone! I’m sorry (and ashamed) about how late this is, but I really wanted to participate! I’ve been so busy writing other blogposts, that I’ve left this one just sitting. I found out a while ago (more like a couple 100 years ago) that I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Melanie over at It’s a Bookish Thing 13!!! I was supposed to have this blogpost up last week, but I’ve been really busy (aka school, which is my usual excuse).
Here are the rules:
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you. (THANK YOU MELANIE!!!)
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you.
- Nominate at least 11 bloggers deserving of the award. (Unfortunately I don’t know that many bloggers, OR a lot of bloggers have been nominated already, so I might not be able to nominate 11 in total)
- Let the bloggers know you nominated them.
- Give them 11 questions of your own.
My answers to Melanie’s questions:
1) Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging so I could share my love of books and interact with people who had a similar interest as me. None of my friends are really into reading – I mean just getting through university readings is more than enough. Reading recreationally isn’t something that they’re into. When I finally got over my 5-year long reading slump, it was like discovering books for the first time. I was OBSESSED, but I didn’t have anyone to talk to about it. I turned to Booktube first, and then discovered Twirling Pages, and finally Bookstagram. I thought about starting a Booktube channel, but I’m really, really camera shy, so I decided to try blogging instead! 🙂
2) What book or book series got you into reading?
I’ve been reading since I was really little, so it’s hard to say what book or series got me into reading. Here’s just a few: The Magic Treehouse, Nancy Drew, Little House, and Goosebumps. Harry Potter came a little later after these, but is definitely a huge influence in my life.
3) What was the last book you’ve read?
I finished reading Daja’s Book by Tamora Pierce at 2am Sunday morning!
4) What is your favourite book genre and why?
Definitely fantasy! 99% of the time I read to escape reality. Fantasy provides that and a lot more! There also isn’t really a limit to what you can write about. With contemporary books you are bound by reality, whereas with fantasy you can breach that limit and go in a million directions. I love the new worlds, different magic systems, the medieval-esque lifestyle…just all of it!
5) What are some of your guilty pleasures – it could be TV shows, food, books, movies, etc.
Chocolate cake with chocolate icing??? I’ve been craving this for weeks and finally had some this weekend! I also love binge-watching tv shows – right now I’m currently watching Vikings. I also love making wish lists on Amazon and BookDepository of all the books I want to eventually buy – which is kind of sad because I know I can’t possibly buy all of them.
6) Going to the movie theater or staying at home with Netflix?
That’s a hard one. I love going to the movie theatre if I know the movie is going to be good – like The Hobbit, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them etc. It’s worth watching those movies in a theatre. But I’m a homebody at heart and I would much rather sit at home in my PJs and binge-watch a series or a movie online (since I don’t have Netflix).
7) If you could travel through time, to what era would you go and why?
Definitely Ancient Rome/Greece! I’m a classics minor and so being able to go back in time and see EVERYTHING would be incredible! Imagine dining with Augustus or Marcus Aurelius, having philosophical debates with Socrates, going on campaigns with Alexander the Great…I would just go back in time to record history tbh so that we would have a greater, more accurate account of what actually happened!
8) Shop for books online or at bookstore?
I love browsing through a bookstore and picking up the books, flipping through them, smelling them…but buying books online is usually a lot cheaper. I also find that I’m more decisive when buying online, whereas when I’m in a bookstore, I’ll just wander around for hours trying to decide what books to buy.
9) If you could have lunch with one fictional character who would it be?
Hermione Granger of course! I looked up to her when I was younger (and I still do), so it would be amazing to meet her IRL.
10) What is you favourite quote?
I don’t really have a favourite quote from a person or a book.
11) What are your blogging goals?
Definitely consistency. I started blogging in January and so having to balance the start of a new semester of school and a blog haven’t been easy. I’m hoping, come summer, I’ll be able to settle into a routine and post more regularly. Also, I have another goal of writing 6 reviews this year. I have one down so far, so 5 more to go! (Though I’m hoping I’ll write waaay more than 6).
I nominate the following people:
Here are your questions:
- Why did you start blogging?
- What is your least favourite genre and why?
- Best/worst book-to-movie adaption?
- A book or series that should be turned into an amusement park?
- A book that deserves more recognition?
- If you could have lunch with one author who would it be?
- Do you prefer ereaders or physical books?
- Favourite book OTP?
- Which fictional world would you like to visit?
- What fictional creature would you want as a pet?
- What book are you currently reading?
Thank you to Melanie for nominating me! For those of you nominated, if you were already tagged and I missed it somehow, sorry 😳, but if you weren’t already tagged, feel free to participate!