Since I’m still so new at blogging, I thought this tag would be a great way to get to know me better!
1) My favourite genre is fantasy.
2) I’ve never read a John Green book, and I probably never will, BUT I still love the Vlogbrothers and I consider myself a Nerdfighter 🙂
3) My least favourite genre is contemporary – mainly contemporary romances.
4) I haven’t read a lot of classics, but my favourite classic besides Pride and Prejudice is Uncle Tom’s Cabin.
5) I own 40 books in total, and that’s including my university textbooks. It’s embarrassing, I know!
6) I’m not a huge fan of urban fantasy – it’s just not fantastical enough for me.
7) I prefer hardbacks to paperbacks.
8) I always take off the dust jacket when I’m reading a hardback book because it annoys me and I’m afraid I’ll accidentally ruin it!
9) I never eat or drink while I’m reading because I’m terrified I’ll spill something over the book. Also I hate distractions while I’m reading.
10) Books with maps are literally love at first sight! 😍😍😍
11) 80% of the books I read last year were ebooks.
12) I’m faster at reading ebooks than physical books.
13) I get most of my reading done on the bus on the way to and from university (which is why ebooks come in handy).
14) I barely read any books for 5 years, starting from grade 9, all the way to December of 2014!
15) I wanted to be a writer when I was little. I had even planned to study English in university so I could become an English teacher and write on the side. But then I fell in love with science. I’m not enjoying studying science at the moment, but I’m not ready to start getting back into writing yet.
16) I’m still trying to catch up on all the books I missed out on reading in that 5-year-long reading slump. I don’t think I’ll ever catch up entirely.
17) I wrote a 26,000-word story when I was 13. It takes place in Ancient Egypt and is titled “Captives”.
18) I don’t like listening to audiobooks and I don’t think I ever will.
19) Whenever I hear someone talking about a book, or I see someone reading, it just makes my day!
20) I’m a huge Harry Potter fan, but I only own Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, and the illustrated edition of Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone.
21) I have the entire Sorting Hat song from Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix memorized.
22) I’m a Ravenclaw.
23) I hate lending out my books, even to my brother and sister.
24) I dream of having my own library someday.
25) I would love to work in publishing, but if that doesn’t happen I would be as happy working at an independent bookstore.
I hope you enjoyed this fun little tag! Which fact was the most surprising? Are we similar in anyway?